Thursday, July 28, 2011

Recipe: Watermelon Frosty

Indeed, another recipe post today! It seems that I am falling into a pattern of not posting recipes for several days then posting many in one big haul. I'm beginning to realize that this is very similar to how I live my life: I procrastinate like nobody's business, get one spark of motivation, then wham! bam! thankyouma'm! I get 'er done in a jiffy.
So in case you weren't aware (as many of us Seattle-ites probably are with this weather), it's summertime. To me, summertime means one thing: an excuse to eat frosty treats all day. Unfortunately, most of my favorite chilly delights are packed full of calories, sugar, and all those other bad guys. You may have the same problem. We could either enroll in some special sugar rehab OR....... MAKE A WATERMELON FROSTY! This is the perfect summer recipe whether you are sunbathing on the beach, or (as in my case), sitting on the couch watching the warm summer rain fall. The consistency is similar to a Wendy's Frosty, but the taste is fruity and very fresh! Not to mention, extremely low-cal!

Ingredients: (serves you + one BFF)
- 2 1/4 cups frozen watermelon cubes (if these are not completely frozen, the frosty will be more like a chunky slushy. NOT as good as a creamy frosty.)
-3/4 cup water or fruit juice if you like extra flavor or sweetness
-2 tbsp maple syrup
-1 large lemon or lime (juiced)
-1 banana

Step 1: Put in a blender and blend.



Make the lime more juicy by rolling it back and forth before cutting into it.

Slice the nanner



No comments:

Post a Comment