Sunday, June 19, 2011

Restaurant Review: Grilla Bites- Snohomish, WA

           Today was Father's Day and it came time to decide a restaurant destination for tonight's meal. My dad, being the amazingly understanding man he is, let me give him options as to where we could eat, seeing as my food options are a little bit more limited than his. We came upon the decision of trying out the Snohomish restaurant, Grilla Bites: an organic restaurant that gives a plethora of options for vegans, vegetarians, and of course gluten-free-ers. I was a little skeptical at first, seeing as this seemed like your regular soup, salad, sandwich joint (a difficult genre of restaurant for us gluten free diners to eat at). However, I was greatly relieved when I found out that they offer 3 kinds of gluten free bread, gluten free hamburger buns/hotdog buns, gluten free desserts, and all of their soups are gluten free as well!

        I ordered the "All-American" burger (Bison meat, red onion, BBQ sauce, spinach), and just to be safe, I asked the lady at the cash register if the bun is toasted on a dedicated toaster oven. She said that everything gluten free is prepared in a separate area than everything else: separate knives, toasters, cutting boards, everything! Hooray! The burger was great! The bison was cooked evenly and retained plenty of juices, the vegetables were fresh, and the sauces were rich and flavorful. Having felt great after my meal, I went back to the register and got some dessert: a vegan and gluten free brownie! It was super rich and chocolatey and even had a thick layer of fudge on top of the brownie. I told myself that I wouldn't eat the whole thing, but let's just say that that sure as hell didn't happen. ;]

5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment